Friday, November 9, 2012

Collective Fall Haul!

Fall is one of my favorite seasons because it's the time for layers on layers on layers! It's the transition from bright summer colors to muted and neutral colors. Now, just to let y'all know, this haul has been accumulating for about 2 months now. As a "broke college student," I rarely shop so it took me a while to compile all of these items. I have neutral colors and items that can be easily incorporated into a casual outfit for class or formal outfit for a night on the town! On to my new goodies!


FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
I finally got myself a parka! Or an anorak jacket if that's what you prefer to call it. I've been really picky with this particular wardrobe piece, especially since they're kind of pricey! I'm a relatively cheap shopper and I wanted one for $30 or less but I've only ever seen them for $40+! I didn't want the jacket to be too heavy or thick (though that's probably the purpose of it..) and I wanted a hoodie! Most places didn't carry one that I really liked. I also wanted to make sure I got an olive green one, not grey or khaki. I finally stumbled upon one that I really liked! It's lightweight but warming and fits me perfectly! My jacket is from Charlotte Russe - don't forget to use your student ID to get an extra 10% off!!

The next item is a BRIGHT BLUE BLAZER. Would this be considered cobalt blue? I've been wanting a blue blazer not only for professional attire but also to wear casually. Pairing this with some black skinny jeans and a white blouse would be a great outfit! I suppose this may not be a "fall" color because it is a tad bit bright, but I love it nonetheless. I purchased it from Urban Outfitters in the clearance section when they had an extra 30% off sale. Quite a steal considering UO is pretty pricey..

Now let's move on to the next 2 blouses! Blouses have been an ongoing trend this year and I love it! The first is a muted blue color with a lot of black line accents. It has a black collar, black accents on the pockets and also a black line across the back! I think black complements this color very well. I purchased this from a local boutique for only $15!! Can you believe it? haha. I've seen this brand, which is called "Mine," at various stores and they were waaay more expensive! The next top is a dark taupe or toffee colored blouse from Windsor! I LOVE THIS TOP. It has faux leather accents on the collar and cuff! Leather is also "in" at the moment, especially pants! haha. I can't wait to wear this shirt. I can pair it with jeans, leggings, skirts, ANYTHING. This is definitely going to be a holy grail item in my closet!

Moving on down to the next item: black highwaisted shorts with bow pocket detailing. This is a "Forever 21 Boutique Exclusive" and I found them quite cheap. Only $14.90! They're a little on the thinner side though they appear to look thick. I like that this particular item is easy to dress up or down! I'm excited to wear this on my boyfriend and I's next date night. (:

And lastly, something that is perfect for both fall and winter! I got this maroon colored beanie from H&M. I think H&M have great beanies for quite a steal! They're soft and really warming. I like how this beanie hugs my head and is able to cover my ears and still have a slight slouch in the back. I don't like it when a beanie covers all of my head and is really snug. I like the little slouch! haha.

And that's it for my faul hall! I hope y'all enjoyed. What pieces do you think are a must for this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment